With a sole purpose to honour the art of jewellery and its eminence, we are welcoming all the jewellery designers to come up and showcase their expertise globally. We believe in the language of innovation and creation, henceforth are calling for every colourful mind from all over the country to witness this melange and take the flight leading to their dream. Each step here can help you acknowledge the talent, harness the skills, and get recognition for your work.
We aim to create higher opportunities for the jewellery designers and handsomely reward them for their profound work and talent.
To be eligible for the Draw A Design, all entries must conform to the following broad criteria:
- The Award is open to professionals, students, and design enthusiasts from every part of India ("Entrant" or "Entrants")
- The submitted entries must have been designed by an Indian individual. This means that the individual designer must be an Indian citizen practicing in India
- Employees of VGL Group, and each of their respective parents, affiliates of such employees’, immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) are not eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize.
There will be no entry fee for the Draw A Design. Entrants can submit up to five entries per category.
The Draw A Design seeks to reward the best practices in jewellery design. The entrants must ensure that the design he/she is submitting must not be identical to already prevailing work of designers hence, all entries must follow the following norms:
- That the entrant is indeed the principal designer of the submitted entry.
- That all details entered are accurate to the best of the entrant’s knowledge.
- If the submitted design was part of a joint design effort between the entrant and other design/non-design entities, then the other entities/individual should also be mentioned with details of their (the other entities’) contribution to the submitted design.
- That the entrant is agreed to sign an agreement with the sponsor in case his/her design would get shortlisted for the use.
- That by submitting his/her design the entrant would not claim any consideration in lieu of his/her design work and would not be entitled to claim any employment in the VGL group.
All entries must be submitted on or before the entry deadline. The entry deadline for the Draw A Design is 15th September 2020.
The independent judging panel comprises world-renowned designers and esteemed leaders from the jewellery and fashion industry. They are chosen for their extensive knowledge and expertise in the field of design, as well as their high level of trend-consciousness.
|Affordability (Major Criteria)
- All entries will be scrutinized by a screening committee to ensure that they conform to the eligibility criteria for the Draw A Design.
- From the pool of entries received, a maximum of three finalists will be chosen in each category.
- The jury meeting will take place in September 2020.
- If the jury wishes to ask questions or seek clarifications, they will contact the finalists via teleconference/email. Finalists will be informed well in advance of the jury date and potential time for this teleconference.
- The jury’s decision will be final, and no disputes will be entertained.
- The final winners list of the Draw A Design will be placed on the portal and also would be intimated via teleconference/email.
- Should the jury find that none of the entries in a particular category are worthy of the award, then no award will be given in that particular category.
- In exceptional circumstances, the jury may give out more than one award in a particular category. For example, this may happen if there are two equally deserving winners in the category.
- If any jury member is connected to any of the applicants in a manner that may cause a conflict of interest, then that juror will recuse herself/himself from judging that category entirely.
- Every participant would be given participation certificate for the Draw A Design.
- If 2 or more participants had submitted the same designs, then in that case the 1st design & its submitter will be taken into consideration.
- Any Entry/s that are forged/plagiarized will be disqualified immediately. The organizers hold the sole right to discard the Entry/s without giving further explanation.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Submit entries to: DrawADesign.com
- All entries must be received by 20th September 2020.
- There is no registration fee.
PHOTO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- You need to submit a perspective ‘Design’ with a clean white background as given in sample. Do not write anything on the image.
- Please see the samples attached before submitting your designs.
- Download sample and submit your design/ images in that format only.
- Image size should be less than 5MB.
- You can also submit optional design shots as orthogonal or near orthogonal front, rear, right, left, top and bottom views, mood boards for material, colours and inspiration, usage manuals or graphics, transformations or arrangements for better understanding of your design.
- Do not submit images with other images or backgrounds that are not part of your submission.
For Hand Drawn sketch
For Computerized Design
||2480 X 3508 pixels
||Not more than 5MB
All photos, drawings, text, and any other content or information submitted or presented by you for DRAW A DESIGN shall become the sole and exclusive property of DRAW A DESIGN and DRAW A DESIGN shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any Design.
However, DRAW A DESIGN may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of Design or content from DRAW A DESIGN in all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind.
You acknowledge and agree that Design submitted by you may be made available by DRAW A DESIGN for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Design that you submit to DRAW A DESIGN. By submitting Design to DRAW A DESIGN, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the Design.
No finished Jewelry products by the designer will be accepted by the judging panel. Only Photography and sketches will be accepted.
By submitting design to DRAW A DESIGN, you represent and warrant that the Design do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Design to DRAW A DESIGN free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
By entering the competition, your company agrees to hold harmless and release from all liability all panelists. You agree to hold the panelists and sponsors and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature arising in connection with DRAW A DESIGN use of the Design submitted to DRAW A DESIGN and used in any manner in DRAW A DESIGN’s sole and absolute discretion. Decisions by the judges and panelists are final.
DRAW A DESIGN’s sponsors have the right at any point to disqualify participants and withdraw elements of the prize from a winner.
DRAW A DESIGN reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter any contest rules at any time.
DRAW A DESIGN reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate any contest at any time without prior notice.
Neither judges or panelists nor their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of the usage of a prize by any winner including but in no way limited to each and every aspect of the taking of a trip or tour as part of a contest prize. The panelists and judges are not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by DRAW A DESIGN.
All information regarding this contest process would be made available in the Portal itself, i.e. www.drawadesign.com, only. Contestants are advised to check the web site periodically for important updates. Once registered for the competition, all correspondences shall be made through their registered e-mail ID.
By entering a contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules and terms and conditions as well as by any rules specific to such contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.